cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.2 - System Restore

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a site who following a crash of the EV server performed a BMR of the server from a full backup taken approximately 2 months ago.  The EV server contained the partitions, indexes, cache locations etc. - in fact everything excepting the SQL databases, which were intact on an alternate server.

I am now in a situation whereby the databases and the EV data locations are out of sync.  Whilst the system 'appears' to be functioning there are a few items which do not seem correct.  An example of this is an alert stating that there are 18893 deleted items waiting to be deleted from indexes.

I can update / rebuild individual indexes (highlighted in an SQL query) and the output states that it has successfully deleted xx index entries which corresponds to the number of items awaiting deletion in my SQL query.  However, when I run the query again (or re-run checks) I still get the same number of items showing as awaiting deletion.

When in a situation like this, following restore of data (but not databases) to a different point in time from the databases, what is best practice to ensure / regain a point whereby data and db's are in sync ?

Thanks,

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello AJ,

You need to call support. You will have to use EVSVR  (the verification tool) that allows a thorough check of the database compared to the items on disk. This operation might take a while (think weeks), but will 'fix' database/data issues.

There is no 'newer' backup? Incrementals/differentials? The closer you can bring the two in sync the better.

Do call support! They know exactly how to configure EVSVR to fix your issue. You might have dataloss, but that is due to backup's not being recent...

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello AJ,

You need to call support. You will have to use EVSVR  (the verification tool) that allows a thorough check of the database compared to the items on disk. This operation might take a while (think weeks), but will 'fix' database/data issues.

There is no 'newer' backup? Incrementals/differentials? The closer you can bring the two in sync the better.

Do call support! They know exactly how to configure EVSVR to fix your issue. You might have dataloss, but that is due to backup's not being recent...

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

GJ,

OK - thanks for that.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear but what I expected........

AJ