Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.3 Sharepoint archiving max file size

noa
Level 3
Certified

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem with sharepoint archiving in EV 9:

- On a few big files (bigger than 700 MB) I get the message: "Not archived because its size exceeds the MaxFileSizeForArchive of 700 MB"

Sadly I'm not that familiar with EV 9, because I started "vaulting" with the version 10 and have nearly no experience with the version below 10. So I can't find the setting to adjust the max file size.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Flavio

8 REPLIES 8

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Check Policies >> Sharepoint and properties of the policy assigned. IN assigned policy properties, Rules tab. Edit the Rule and check "Filter files using file size" and action to perform on matching files.

noa
Level 3
Certified

I was thinking about that option too, but the problem is, the max value you can insert is: 1024000 and the files are a bigger... So can i increase this limit or is there another option?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited
In the same rule, what does "action to perform" say? Can you post the exact error which you get?

noa
Level 3
Certified

Action to perform says: "Archive"

The error is: http://<URL to Document> ***Warning*** Not archived because its size (1048MB) exceeds the MaxFileSizeForArchive of 700M

The checkbox for "Filter files using file size" is not set at the moment, so the value should be infinite(?)

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I believe that would take defaults, can you try setting it to more than 700 MB and check..

noa
Level 3
Certified

The problem with this setting is, that you can only set it to 1000 MB and the files are about 1048 or a bit bigger. So this setting will just filter this files out...

ManishN
Level 4
Employee Accredited

AFAIK this issue is fixed in EV 10.0.2. Probably logging a case with support will help.

noa
Level 3
Certified

Hm ok, i will try to find a solution with the support. Thanks for your help!

Regards

FC