cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.3 to 11.0.1 Upgrade

DamonRod
Level 0

Hello All,

We are looking to upgrade our EV 9.0.3 installation to 11.0.1. We have purchase new hardware for this project and are going over our steps for testing this upgrade. I know that we will need to upgrade to 10.0.4 and then to 11.0.1. We have roughly 4TB of Vault Stores to upgrade and are wondering what is the best way to test it before rolling it into production. We are using Exchange 2010 SP2 and SQL 2008 R2 for the server end.

TIA,
Damon

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

without knowing what hardware you have, i cant make a specific recommendation to your environment. the best way to test would be to restore your prod environment in a lab that's completely off the prod network and run the upgrade there. you may have to restore from tape to do so or from snapshots or whatever you have.

the 4TB of data in your vault stores remains unchanged. the upgrade affects the application and the sql databases. you'll upgrade the indexes at a later time once the EV upgrade itself is complete.

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I would also recommend to run tests on the 10.0.4 before upgrading to 11.x to avoid taking errors with you.

the databases will be a larger then before.

It might be a good idea to involve the customer with a testgroup of users who can see differences and user specific changes that may occur.