cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0 SP2 - Operation Manager Install When Services and VAC are already installed and configured

Jacques_THOMAS
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Eveybody,

I have EV 9.0 SP2 installed and configured on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

I want Instal and configure "Operation Manager". When I start "Setup.exe", on the "Select Features to install" window, I can't unselect "Enterprise Vault Services" and "Administration Console". These 2 boxes are greyed (It's normal because this both features are already installed).

How can I unselect these, because I don't want re-install these both components, and I don't want stopped all tasks and services (we are in production) just for install OM?

Kind Regards

Jacques THOMAS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jacques_THOMAS
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I did It.

The installation procedure has just installed EVOM, but all services must be stopped and the server must be rebooted. It's necessary to restart all EV services after the reboot. It's the same operation than we upgrade EV Version.

I've configured EVOM and all works fine.

Thanks to all

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Can't you just run the configure operations manager utility from the start menu?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You won't be able to unselect them. The process won't reinstall the EV binaries it will install the EVOM as extra. You can alway test that on a test environment. I have never had a problem installing EVOM after installing EV binaries and services.

After that you can then run the EVOM in Start Menu to configure.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

i'd honestly be surprised if it didnt reinstall the binaries, th e only thing id be concerned about would be any cutom hotfixes you've placed on there

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Also, I would recommend exporting the registry if you have made any changes there.

Jacques_THOMAS
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I did It.

The installation procedure has just installed EVOM, but all services must be stopped and the server must be rebooted. It's necessary to restart all EV services after the reboot. It's the same operation than we upgrade EV Version.

I've configured EVOM and all works fine.

Thanks to all