cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0 and Clarion SAN

Maxie_Braggs
Level 4

Hi,

We have two EV servers in a DC. These two are designed to archive its own mailbox servers. CLARiiON SAN Storage is used for provisioning storae to those servers for Vault Store. Now, we are planning to create redundancy between these two EV servers manually by failing over the services manually and mapping the vault store partition using building block technology.

We are planning to use single vault store group for these two EV servers.

My Question is, as we are using SAN storage and need to failover between these two EV Servers, do i have to share the LUNs from CLARiiON between these two servers. If so, do i need cluster software on my EV servers.

If not, how the disk locks are managed. Can EV understand that the disks visible at both the servers are same LUNs provisioned from Storage.

Are there any other better way of doing it.

Please note that we dont have filers so no CiFS Share is possible.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Maverik
Level 6

My Question is, as we are using SAN storage and need to failover between these two EV Servers, do i have to share the LUNs from CLARiiON between these two servers. If so, do i need cluster software on my EV servers.

Im not much of a storage guy, but I dont believe you will have to have this and EV will just rely on the disk/drive letter, in building blocks.  I.E the system is simply fooled into thinking that the original server is still live.

I would say in my view building blocks is a poor man's redundency solution and if you cna possibly I would recommend a MS/Veritas cluster.