cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0 detailed installation documentation

scj6771
Level 3

Looking for some really good documentation on the installation, configuration, best practices and whatever else useful regarding this product, yes I have read the typical "admin guides" and "installation and configuring" guides but was looking for information from other sources such as you all who have worked with this product in a real world scenario. Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You might consider a more specific request.

• reasons you want to use EV
  • what you want to archive
  • types of servers you want to use
  • types of storage you want to use
  • considerations around networking, schedules, client access, HA/FT, etc.

There are virtually unlimited combinations of setting up and configuring EV.  Best practices in one scenario might not be applicable in another.  Asking for "anything useful" relating to EV on this forum is probably too broad a request.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may find it difficult to have people offer up their custom made documents because generally they have proprietary information in them

The install and configuration guides are very good and you should follow them.

If during the install or configuration you have specific questions post them on the forums and someone will help you

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you a customer or partner? as a partner you would have access to some of the information you're looking for from symantec. if you're a customer, i would recommend #1 consult with a partner, #2 training, #3 setting up EV in your lab. send me a message, maybe we can help.

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You might consider a more specific request.

• reasons you want to use EV
  • what you want to archive
  • types of servers you want to use
  • types of storage you want to use
  • considerations around networking, schedules, client access, HA/FT, etc.

There are virtually unlimited combinations of setting up and configuring EV.  Best practices in one scenario might not be applicable in another.  Asking for "anything useful" relating to EV on this forum is probably too broad a request.