cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.03 cannot find the provsioned user for enabling.

Tumay
Level 4

Hello All,

We are using EV 9.03 for Archiving it is working with Exchange 2010. I have user which I cannot enable the mailbox, I add the mailbox different provisioning groups, after process the the provisioning task I find the error below;

The Exchange mailbox provisioning task failed during processing of a mailbox. The task is continuing.

Task: Exchange Provisioning Task for Domain.LOCAL

User: CN=User,OU=<location>,OU=Company,OU=<everyone>,DC=<domain>,DC=local

Mailbox: /o=<company>/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=<User ID>

Provisioning group: BT Vault Cache Enabled Provisioning Group

Group member: Domain\User ID

Error: Failed to insert a record:The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

Continuing will cancel the connections.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp?EvtID=8390

Trace: at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.DirEntry.CreateRecord()
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySynchronization.CreateMailboxEntry(UserProperties userProps, PolicyTargetInfo targetInfo, Int32 storeID, String defaultVaultId, String& newMbxEntryId)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySynchronization.ProcessCreateOrUpdateMailboxEntry(UserProperties userProps, PolicyTargetInfo targetInfo)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySynchronization.WorkerThreadFunc()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp?EvtID=41111

After some research of this event ID I found some articles for troublshooting;

I have tried the steps in those articles but no luck, I have check the SQL but I cannot find any records for the user.

Thanks in advance for ideas you will share.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This sounds a lot like this:

Event 8390 - Exchange Provisioning Task failure - 0x80040e57

Article:TECH155723  |  Created: 2011-03-16  |  Updated: 2013-03-14  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH155723

Scenario:

When running the Provisioning task against an exchange server the event log reports events 13360, 8390, 8391 and 41111 in succession.

Additional information:
Some fields in exchange can be populated with data which is longer than the allowed maximum size. If this occurs, it can affect changes to a user. For example, Title property for Exchange Mailbox Objects or User objects has a maximum size of 64 characters.  If the value for this field is currently longer than 64 characters then it will not be possible to edit and save other fields. If you attempt to modify a field that is larger than the maximum allowed the send and receive limits will fail with the following error:
WARNING: Object [domain]/[org]/[ou]/[username] has been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The following validation errors have occurred:
WARNING: Title is too long: maximum length is 64, actual length is 69.T
The account highlighted in the error does not contain values which are within the Exchange restrictions for each field's maximum length

Solution:
  1. Check every field in Exchange System Manager for the user in the error.
    1. Identify which field has a value which exceeds the maximum defined by the schema.
  2. Use the PowerShell command to set maximum send size.
  3. Once the values are within expected character count then the provisioning task will be able to insert these values correctly into the EV Directory Database (ie ExchangeMailboxEntry table)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This sounds a lot like this:

Event 8390 - Exchange Provisioning Task failure - 0x80040e57

Article:TECH155723  |  Created: 2011-03-16  |  Updated: 2013-03-14  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH155723

Scenario:

When running the Provisioning task against an exchange server the event log reports events 13360, 8390, 8391 and 41111 in succession.

Additional information:
Some fields in exchange can be populated with data which is longer than the allowed maximum size. If this occurs, it can affect changes to a user. For example, Title property for Exchange Mailbox Objects or User objects has a maximum size of 64 characters.  If the value for this field is currently longer than 64 characters then it will not be possible to edit and save other fields. If you attempt to modify a field that is larger than the maximum allowed the send and receive limits will fail with the following error:
WARNING: Object [domain]/[org]/[ou]/[username] has been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The following validation errors have occurred:
WARNING: Title is too long: maximum length is 64, actual length is 69.T
The account highlighted in the error does not contain values which are within the Exchange restrictions for each field's maximum length

Solution:
  1. Check every field in Exchange System Manager for the user in the error.
    1. Identify which field has a value which exceeds the maximum defined by the schema.
  2. Use the PowerShell command to set maximum send size.
  3. Once the values are within expected character count then the provisioning task will be able to insert these values correctly into the EV Directory Database (ie ExchangeMailboxEntry table)