cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9 with Domino 7.02 provisioning group problem

Charles_C
Level 4

Hi ,

does anyone play with EV 9.0 and Domino?

I have several problems in setting up them together so that it is still not working for the mail archiving between EV9 and Domino 7.02.

Now, I have one EV Domino GW (according to the name convention of the guide) which has EV 9.0, Notes Client and Domino Server at the same time. I already put a user ID file inside notes client for testing.

On another server, which named EV server.
 I have EV 9.0 installed with the Notes Client. Also there is a DB installed for the purpose of EV mail archiving.

So, now,
I have gone through the steps on the EV Dominno GW, which include using the administration console to set the server information to there. However, when I want to setup the provisioning group by righting the "ADD" in the provisioning group. I can not add anything in all types such as mailbox or directory server something like that, and finally it just lists out "List out error: unknow cause" in the box.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

CC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have setup EV with Domino quite a bit and found it to be easier than Exchange in some cases.

Let me try to understand you issue here, you have followed the install and config guide and are now ready to set up provisioning groups.  Is this the steps you follow to create the task?

To add a Domino Provisioning task

1. In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the Site hierarchy until the Enterprise Vault Servers container is visible.
  2. Expand the Enterprise Vault Servers container.
  3. Expand the name of the server to which you want to add the Domino Provisioning task.
  4. Right-click Tasks and, on the shortcut menu, click New and then Domino Provisioning Task. The New Domino Provisioning Task wizard starts.
  5. Work through the wizard.

Can you post a screen shot of the error you are seeing?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

I have setup EV with Domino quite a bit and found it to be easier than Exchange in some cases.

Let me try to understand you issue here, you have followed the install and config guide and are now ready to set up provisioning groups.  Is this the steps you follow to create the task?

To add a Domino Provisioning task

1. In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the Site hierarchy until the Enterprise Vault Servers container is visible.
  2. Expand the Enterprise Vault Servers container.
  3. Expand the name of the server to which you want to add the Domino Provisioning task.
  4. Right-click Tasks and, on the shortcut menu, click New and then Domino Provisioning Task. The New Domino Provisioning Task wizard starts.
  5. Work through the wizard.

Can you post a screen shot of the error you are seeing?

Novotech_Terry
Level 2

I have the same problem too. Please see attached picture.

TonySterling

Problem

Error message "List error: Unknown cause" received when attempting to perform a Domino Directory lookup.

Solution

List error messages generally occur when the Lotus Notes API cannot make a proper lookup on the Domino Directory.  

This may occur when performing the following tasks in the Vault Admin Console (VAC):
  • Adding Domino permissions to a Domino archive
  • Adding a target to a Provisioning Group
  • Adding a Domino mail server target

Perform the following troubleshooting steps on the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway (EVDG) server:

Step 1
1. Close the Lotus Notes.
2. Open Windows explorer and browse to \Lotus\Notes\Data.
3. Locate and delete the cache.ndk file.
4. Open Lotus Notes (this will re-create the cache.ndk file) and attempt the step which produced the list error again.

Proceed to the next step if you still receive the list error.

Step 2
1. Uninstall Lotus Notes from the EVDG
2. Delete the entire \Lotus\Notes folder.  
3. Reinstall Lotus Notes.
4. Attempt the step which produced the list error again.  If you still get the list error, please go to the next step

Step 3
1. Replicate the Name and Address Book (NAB) from a known good Mail server.
2. Attempt the step which produced the list error again.  If you still get the list error, please go to the next step

Step 4
1. Reboot the EVDG server.
2. Attempt the step which produced the list error again.

If you still get the list error, please contact Enterprise Vault Technical Support for further assistance.
/apps/media/inquira/resources /resources

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67526

Novotech_Terry
Level 2

I tried this before, but it is not working.

TonySterling

have you opened a case with support yet?  That would be my recommendation if the above did not work for you.