cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 903 Backup Script Not Working

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just upgraded from 805 to 903 and all has gone fine.

I have run up the EVPowerShell and set the Set-ExecutionPolicy -executionPolicy AllSigned

I have also run the template and checked my script and it is identical to how it was in V805.

When i run the commands to set the Vault Store Group and Indexes into backup mode via the EVShell it works fine.

When i do it via my bpstart_notify script (which has been working up until the upgrade) i get the following error for  both the group and the indexes:

A procedure imported by 'EVManagedLibrary, Version=9.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' could not be loaded.

At line:1 char:31

it then summarises the command follwed by:

FileLoadException

+FullQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.FileLoadException,Symantec.EnterpriseVault.PowerShell.Commands.SetVaultStoreBackupMode

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Due to the SQL Server being relocated to a dedicated server from the EV Server itself - when EV was upgraded the SQL Reporting component on the EV Server was not .
However the SQL Reporting bin directory remained in the path vaiables for the server and contained the old version (EV8 SP4) of EVRT.dll. The batch files were using this and so failing.
As that was location ws no longer in use the EVRT.dll in the SQL Reporting directoy was renamed after which the batch files now work from any location on the server.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can you post your script here?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

for the bpstart it is:

powershell -psconsolefile "C:\Program Files\EnterpriseVault\EVShell.psc1" -command "&{Set-VaultStoreBackupMode -Name 'Default UpgradeGroup' -EVServername EVSERVER -EVObjectType VaultStoreGroup}"

Similar thing for the indexes and the reverse for the bpend script.

The template created these commands and they were identical to the ones used the day before when it was at V8 and it worked fine.

The commands when run manually from the EV powershell also work OK so it seems that there is an issue with calling it.

It feels like the EVManagedLibrary is not loading correctly so will look into that but any ideas are welcome

Thanks

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Logged it with support case ref 415-835-501 (if any of you Symantec people want to push this through!)

I will keep the thread updated as i get anything

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Looks to be a hard slog - had to push and ask for it to be looked at in more depth as having it suggested that it is a NetBackup Issue

Will keep this updated by it is not looking like it will be quick

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Just to confirm this is a bug in EV 903 - if you want to use a script to put EV into backup mode then it must run from the EV directory

In our case the NetBackup bpstart/end_notify calls other batch files in the EV directory that puts EV into (and out of) backup mode.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sorry, just trying to clarify. what exactly has to be in the EV directory? your original script calls powersershell to execute a PS script within your EV directory. i don't follow what the solution exactly entailed.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ok - just to make things clearer ...

Firstly this only seems to apply to 9.0.3

So if i use NetBackup to call the powershell the bpstart_notify script is in the \netbackup\bin\ directory and it calls the powershell command to put EV into backup mode.

When this runs it fails due to an issue loading the EVManagedLibrary.dll

I have run this bat file manually whilst logged in as the VSA and it gives this error.

If I move the bpstart_notify script to \program files\enterprise vault\ and run it manually it works perfectly

If i use the EVPowerShell from the start menu it also works perfectly.

So currently my bpstart_notify script actually calls another .bat file wich is in the Enterprise Vault directory that has the PowerShell command in it and that works fine.

Engineering has tested this and confirmed my results so they are just working out why this is the case so that they can put it right.

Hope this makes it clearer

FreKac2
Level 6

That is a really strange issue/bug, thanks for updating.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Due to the SQL Server being relocated to a dedicated server from the EV Server itself - when EV was upgraded the SQL Reporting component on the EV Server was not .
However the SQL Reporting bin directory remained in the path vaiables for the server and contained the old version (EV8 SP4) of EVRT.dll. The batch files were using this and so failing.
As that was location ws no longer in use the EVRT.dll in the SQL Reporting directoy was renamed after which the batch files now work from any location on the server.