cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Archived Data Move to O365

Sathya_Paul
Level 3

Hello,

We are in plans to migrate to O365, we have around 18TB of Archive Data..

Currently on Exchange 2007 Sp3 with latest update.

We archive everything more than 30days old.

What will be best way to do it... what things we need to consider before we initiate..

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Consider a 3rd party product such as Archive Shuttle. There is a ton of information about us, and other third party products on the internet. My suggestion would be to start there.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

disclaimer: Trace3 is a partner

consider talking to a partner about your business requirements and how migrations work. it's especially important that they are experts in EV and in migrations.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Consider a 3rd party product such as Archive Shuttle. There is a ton of information about us, and other third party products on the internet. My suggestion would be to start there.

Working for cloudficient.com

Sathya_Paul
Level 3

i was reading something about ev.cloud... how does that go with ev on prem

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

If you switch to EV.cloud you are still going to have to migrate existing data from EV on-prem. Already discussed here

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev-evcloud

If you are definitely moving to Office 365 and don't have any complicated eDiscovery requirements then migrating your data to Exchange Online Archiving would be the sensible way to go

https://products.office.com/en-us/exchange/microsoft-exchange-online-archiving-email

Depending on what O365 licencing you've purchased you may already be getting Exchange Online Archiving for free in which case it's a bit of a no brainer (IMHO)

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

disclaimer: Trace3 is a partner

consider talking to a partner about your business requirements and how migrations work. it's especially important that they are experts in EV and in migrations.