cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV - Archiving based on Age & Quota

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have an EV9 installation running on Exchange 2010.  The system has one server running Journal Archiving and one server running Mailbox Archiving.

I have recently added another provisioning group and Mailbox Policy to have a number of high volume users archived on Quota as well as the standard Age rules.

In addition to the 3 months I have in the standard mailbox policy I have a 20% quota free limit on the new policy.  I have provisioned the users, synchronised their mailboxes and RUN NOW the mailbox arching task.  I see the archivetask active in the task manager for approx 20 secs (ruuning against a single mailbox) - but the mailbox which is at 92MB with a 100MB quota is not reducuing in size.

Is there something I am missong here ?  I would expect to see the mailbox reduce down to the 80MB mark.

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Glad you sorted it.  You can force EV to use the Prohibit Send

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152258

Set the PreferQuotaNoSendLimit registry key to anything but 0.

Best regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

So what you will need to do is a run now in report mode on that mailbox to see what EV thinks should be archived.

Other things to check are you Never archive younger than setting and also if deleted items are being archived.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

OK - thanks for that.

When I ran in Report mode (forgot about that) I see that the exchange quota was set to 200MB.  The exchange guys had set the Prohibit Send limit to 100MB and the Receive Limit to 200MB, not fully understanding the implications.  This explains everything.

Thanks for the input.

AJ

TonySterling

Glad you sorted it.  You can force EV to use the Prohibit Send

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152258

Set the PreferQuotaNoSendLimit registry key to anything but 0.

Best regards,

Tony

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Tony,

Set the PreferQuotaNoSendLimit registry key to 1 and re-archived - with no changes to Exchange Quota's - and away it went and archived down to the 20% free limit I had set.  Perfect.

Thanks again,

AJ.