cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Archiving causes Exchange Error

Weasel
Level 5

Hi all!

We have Exchange 2010 SP1. 2 Servers host the mailbox role only in a DAG, 2 other Servers host the hub transport and cas role in a NLB-Cluster. We are archiving with EV 9.0.2.

Every time when an archiving task is ready (all mailboxes are processed and teh queue is empty), I get this error on the CAS-Server:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchange Common
Date:          03.08.2011 21:02:46
Event ID:      4999
Task Category: General
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      S-CAS02.2a-net.intern
Description:
Watson report about to be sent for process id: 14664, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.01.0289.006, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Service, M.Exchange.StoreProvider, M.M.MapiStream.get_Length, M.E.D.Storage.CorruptDataException-18334, aea7-d008, 14.01.0285.000.
ErrorReportingEnabled: False
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="MSExchange Common" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16388">4999</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-03T19:02:46.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>49926</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>S-CAS02.2a-net.intern</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>14664</Data>
    <Data>E12</Data>
    <Data>c-RTL-AMD64</Data>
    <Data>14.01.0289.006</Data>
    <Data>M.E.RpcClientAccess.Service</Data>
    <Data>M.Exchange.StoreProvider</Data>
    <Data>M.M.MapiStream.get_Length</Data>
    <Data>M.E.D.Storage.CorruptDataException-18334</Data>
    <Data>aea7-d008</Data>
    <Data>14.01.0285.000</Data>
    <Data>False</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Because there are two servers with active mailboxdatabases there are two archivetasks. They do not run at the same time and so we have two errors. The error does not occur at Saturday when full backup is scheduled and no archiving is planned.

Every hint how to resolve this would be great.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Weasel
Level 5

Well, Symantec checked some preconfigs on our EV-Server and everything is ok. I called MIcrosoft too, but they told me, that if it occurs regulary during archiving, I should call Symantec. Great!

Ok, I did a DTrace during archiving and searched the log, found the messages which triggered the error. EV could not archive them. Deleted the messages and the error is gone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That is not an error Ive seen or heard of before, genuinely your best bet is to call Microsoft so they can look at the debug logs to determine why it's crashing, and they can pass the findings to Symantec should EV have anything to do with it
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Weasel
Level 5

Because it is caused by EV (I cab reproduce the error) I will call Symantec.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

it may be triggered by EV but i would put money on its a Microsoft problem, i think you are genuinely wasting your time calling symantec as it is Exchange that will need to be debugged and the best people to do that would be Microsoft

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Weasel
Level 5

Well, Symantec checked some preconfigs on our EV-Server and everything is ok. I called MIcrosoft too, but they told me, that if it occurs regulary during archiving, I should call Symantec. Great!

Ok, I did a DTrace during archiving and searched the log, found the messages which triggered the error. EV could not archive them. Deleted the messages and the error is gone.