Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Auto Enabled Mailboxes

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi everyone

I'm after a bit of clarification on what EV does from an Archive perspective when mailboxes move to different DAG member that is serviced by a different EV server.

When I create a provisioning group I need to assign a vault store to be used when auto enabling mailboxes that fall within this provisioning group. So I can choose a vault store that hosts most of the mailboxes for that provisioning group, but it's likely that these mailboxes will move to other DAG members over time. 

I understand that when the provisioning task is re-run, EV will determine that the mailbox has moved to a different DAG memeber that is managed by a different EV server and so the other EV server will archive the items for that users mailbox. 

I after clarification on the impact this has on the users Archive which was initially on a partition that is hosted on the first EV server (this is assuming that local NTFS volumes). Is the Archive a 'logical' entity that can be written across multiple vault stores and so will be written to a partition residing on the new EV server (which will be in a different vault store) or is the data sent over the network to the EV server that hosts the partition on which the users archive was originally created.

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

is the data sent over the network to the EV server that hosts the partition on which the users archive was originally created?

Answer: Yes the data will be sent across EV servers. The storage service which manages the vault store is responsible for storing the archived items using Storage Archive process.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

is the data sent over the network to the EV server that hosts the partition on which the users archive was originally created?

Answer: Yes the data will be sent across EV servers. The storage service which manages the vault store is responsible for storing the archived items using Storage Archive process.

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Great - thanks for the clarification

cheers

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

glad to help!