cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV - CA 8.0 SP4: Partition/exception employee question

BigAnvil
Level 5

Hello!

I've read through what I found in the admin guide and forum posts about partitions/exception employees and anything else I could find that might be related to what we are trying to do.  I find CA to be a very, very confusing product from an admin standpoint and would greatly appreciate any clarification that can be offered.

We have 8 or so departments setup in CA 8.0 SP4 (Running EV 8.0 SP4).  We want to conduct scheduled searches for emails sent to or from anyone in a particular department to any address, internal or external.  So, we want to capture any email in any direction for the employees in this department.  I have the scheduled search setup.  I'm getting the samples I want in the review set.

One of the employees in the department we be a reviewer of the review set.  We also have a compliance reviewer, an employee outside that department. 

This last part is where I need some help.  We don't want any emails in the review set for the department reviewer or the compliance reviewer that were sent from employees in the monitored group to anyone in our legal department.  There is another legal department person who will be the compliance reviewer for any messages sent from the monitored group to/from legal employees.

I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this without limiting the available scope of the scheduled searches being conducted (when creating a partition that contains all but the legal department).  It also doesn't seem like setting exception employees will work either since the legal employees are in a separate CA department.

If anyone can point me in the right direction and/or tell me what I am missing or overlooking, I would be tremendously thankful.

0 REPLIES 0