cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Cleint not work

Level 3
I have installed a EV Client and then Enable archive function in server for exchange ,but it  when i log on to outlook archived mail and archive function is working fine ,but the button or icon disappear ,I need to uninstall the ev-plug in and reinstall again ,The button appear again .....Is any way can no need uninstall
6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
Try looking into Outlook Disabled Items

Outlook 2007 - Help | Disabled Items

Outlook 2003 - Help | About Microsoft Outlook | Disbaled Items

You should find Valkyrie.dll has been disabled, re-enable it and restart Outlook, your buttons should appear.

You also need to prevent Outllok from crashing, which is usually the cause for any add-in to be disabled.

Owso
Not applicable
Hi

Try re-registering valkyrie.dll by running regsvr32 valkyrie.dll from C:\Program files\KVS\EVClient (Or wherever you have installed it) in a command prompt

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
Re-registering the Valkyrie.dll does not always clear it from Outlook disabled items.

Ricky_Leung_ric
Level 3
I have type rehsvr32 valkyrie.dll ,but it seems can't work also

The button and the EV tab also have'nt appear

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
Try the following:

C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Client\Valkyrie.dll"

Please change the path to the location of Valkyrie if it is different on your systems.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Assuming that the client is V7 or later.
Exit Outlook and in DOS goto the location where Enterprise Vault client has been installed
and in there you'll find a program resetevclient.exe

Run that, re-enter outlook and see if that's resolved your issue.