Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Client Reset for MAC book

Vipul_Desai
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

We are facing issue while accessing archived mails which contains attachment in Mac book using outlook 2011.

When we face similar issue in windows, we used to reset EV client on windows machine.

In Macbook, how can we reset EV client and access archived mail with attachement without any issue.

Regards,

Vipul

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there isnt a "reset EV client" for Mac because it works completely differently. what version of EV server, EV Mac client, and Mac OS are you running?

Vipul_Desai
Level 4
Partner Accredited

EV server version is 11.0.1.

EV mac client version is 11.0.1

Mac os is 10.9

We are able to access the archived mails from search without any issue.

When we access the shortcut of the archived mails which contains attachment, we are not able to see the attachment.

Regards,

Vipul

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

search doesnt use the client. i think you have an issue with the client in general and it's not specific to attachments. since you have EV 11, my recommendation is to use IMAP access to the archive and get away from the Mac client for EV.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Vipul,

There is NO “ResetEVClient” kind of utility for MAC add-ins, however you may try to kill EV process (EV helper & toolbar) from activity monitor then will generate with new PID automatically. Worth to mention, you cannot retrieve archived email just double clicking on it, you need to use ‘view’ option available with EV MAC toolbar.

Even if you unable to retrieve the emails then my suggestion would be collect EV console trace available with MAC client HOWTO38265 then analyze “/download.asp” request.

Regards
Pradeep Papnai