Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Client with Outlook 2010 on Citrix

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi there

Hopefully this will be a quick answer.

I will be putting an EV installation in to a client which has a citrix environment and they have Outlook 2010 on the citrix server.

Now I have read the TECH35595 article and have sucessfully implemented Outlook 2003 with the EV clients using this.

However, it only mentions up to Outlook 2007. Is this because vb scripting is not required in Outlook 2010 or does the EV client just work and there are no "fixes" that need to be applied.

Has anyone installed into this configuration before and have the EV client working with Oulook 2010 under citrix.

Thanks in advance

SP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I can confirm we have a customer with Outlook 2010 and EV (9) client working on Citrix XenApp fine.

VBScript needs to be added to Outlook,  you find in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, and look for the entry that contains “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010”. There are lots of others higher up the list with names like “Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English)” – ignore all those, you are after the one for the “main product”, and then run:

msiexec /i {GUID} ADDLOCAL=OutlookVbScript /qb

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I can confirm we have a customer with Outlook 2010 and EV (9) client working on Citrix XenApp fine.

VBScript needs to be added to Outlook,  you find in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, and look for the entry that contains “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010”. There are lots of others higher up the list with names like “Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English)” – ignore all those, you are after the one for the “main product”, and then run:

msiexec /i {GUID} ADDLOCAL=OutlookVbScript /qb

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for quick response

So it is basicaly the same as for Office 2007 and the doc has not been updated.

Great news and I will make a note Thanks

SP