Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Client

Silvershare
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear All

We just installed EV7.5 SP4 , and published the forms thru exchange 2003, now to retrive the archived mails from the outlook 2007, do i need to install the evclient software ? or thru the forms will it retrive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you need to install the client unless you are going to recall items via a link.

Also, instead of publishing forms choose the option to always deploy forms locally in the mailbox policy and you won't have to worry with updating the forms when you upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Yes, you need to install the client unless you are going to recall items via a link.

Also, instead of publishing forms choose the option to always deploy forms locally in the mailbox policy and you won't have to worry with updating the forms when you upgrade.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Just a little clarification.

The EV forms installed on the Exchange server will allow the users to see an icon associate with an archived email. 

The EV User extensions that are installed on an end-users workstation do two things.  Provide outlook users that have been enabled for mailbox archiving the ability to access their archved items through outlook.  It will also allow them to see the EV buttons on the menu bar of their Outlook client.  That would be the Search, Archive Explorer, Manual Archive etc. buttons.

Without the EV User Extensions installed your end users will not be able to access archived items through Outlook. 

Without the EV User Extensions they would need to access their archived items by using Internet Explorer and going to a web page that would allow them to search their personal archive or a web page that would give them Enterprise Vault Archive Explorer and they can access their archived items through either of those web pages.

Judy

Silvershare
Level 4

just clarification

1. To view the archived item, we have to install he evclient.

2.if i enable the policy to down load the client software..will it work (Actually my problem is , the administrator does not want any client software to install..so what is the other solution)

Silvershare
Level 4

dear sirs

if i am wrong please correct

1. To view an item from the outlook, we have to install ev client in any case

am i correct ?

In the policy if select "Outlook add in behavior to http-only "- what is the effect ?

thank you

GertjanA

Hi ho Silver ;)

You will need to have the client installed to have the functionality.

effect is transmission/netowrktraffic. Check the manual installing/configuring

GJ

Regards. Gertjan