Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Cluster Convert Issue

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I am facing a problem while converting my existing EV server to the cluster. Following is the brief description about my setup

VCS 5.1 with 2 nodes cluster is configured with basic disks. There is no storage foundation installed.

Service group is configured successfully which is tested by failover & failback.

When I run convert to cluster wizard in EV, it is failed with an error.....

Failed to read the list of cluster drives for virtual server "server name"

Reason: No mount resources found

Please let me know if someone has solution for this issue.

8 REPLIES 8

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The technote which you have given is considering SF also.

In my scenario, there is no SF implemented

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SF?
If you would like to get some help you should be more specific and provide some more details.

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SF....Storage Foundation is not implented and only VCS is installed.

Instade of storage foundation, for volume management, Microsoft disk management is using.

Please find the snapshot below of an error.

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

I'm not entirely sure as I have only been involved in environments where SF is also installed. Something tells me that you would need to configure VCS using a Disk Group to control the dynamic volumes mounted on the shared drives.  

From your details it looks like you managed to create a service group and failover to the other node correctly, but have you added the required disk resources to this service group?

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

perhaps another screen shot showing how you configured the disk resources in the service group would help understanding your environment.

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

Any luck?

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes...

The service group is configured properly. I am able to failover / failback service group

Since there is no storage foundation installed and have only VCS in picture disk management is with windows disk management. So I have configured all disks as basic disks. If it was dynamic disks, it was not allowing me to add those disks as mount-v resource.

The related information is given in the VCS_BundledAgents_51SP2 guide

Page No. 37

Note: Use this agent to manage volumes on disk groups configured using Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows. Do not use this agent if you use other software to manage shared storage

Confsidering this I have added all basic disks in the service group successfully.