cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Configuration for Exchange 2010/2016 environment

Dan_A1
Level 4

Previously had Exchange 2010 and Enterprise Vault 12.0.3 installed and running.
We have now added Exchange 2016 to the environment in co-existence mode.
We have not moved any mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to 2016.
What do I need to do to allow mailboxes migrated to Exchange 2016 for archival to continue to work?
I read that I need to perform the following:
 Create system mailbox(es) for new Exchange 2016 servers.
 Grant "Send as permission" to new system mailboxes
 Set the EVthrottling policy run using "SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 "
 Assign Exchange Server permissions to Vault Service account "SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 "
 Create the target from the Enterprise Vault Server to the new Exchange 2016 server(s).
 Create a tasks for the new Exchange 2016 server(s) for the archive to occurr.

Anything I'm missing?

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Dan,

Steps seem ok. Also have a look at this KB article. It describes the overall process, including moving the mailboxes from Exchange to Exchange.

If you have configured the environment as per your initial steps, run Deployment Scanner. that should show if you missed something.

Regards, GJ

Regards. Gertjan

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

One more thing you need to consider is that you will need SSL certificates to be installed on the EV servers for communication with Exchange, in case you don't have already.

Also, need to configure Office Mail App integration. As you may know, there is no more OWA extension to be installed on the Exchange CAS servers. You will just have to enable the EV Mail App which is already built-in.

--Virgil

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

You'll also want to move the Vault Service Account's mailbox to an Exchange 2016 server. In a mixed-mode environment, the VSA's mailbox should always reside on the newest version of Exchange that's being targeted.

--Chris