cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV DRC install

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

There ise a EV 10 deployment. We would like to create DRC EV site and we woul like to have actual live EV site replicated to DRC site daily using storage layer replication

My plan

SQL Logshipping to DRC SQL (Has to be same named SQL servers)

Same name same Cname ,Same Ip DRC ev deployment, (Prod server is on HYPERV)

Same Exchage servername, Exchange DRC structure, AD DRC structure needed to be ready

Keep Ev server offline and replicate EV OS,INDEX,STORAGE replicated via Storage replication

In case of disaster in production powerup DRC EV server, hopefully everything would work

Any other considiration or maybe different model??

Does any one point to me how to create a proper working disaster ev site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

that sounds like it should work, but using the same names and everything could cause problems when you need to bring the servers up for patching or for upgrades and such

other than that, it should work pretty well, any chance you can test it in a lab?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

that sounds like it should work, but using the same names and everything could cause problems when you need to bring the servers up for patching or for upgrades and such

other than that, it should work pretty well, any chance you can test it in a lab?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Peter_Kozak
Level 5
Partner

you propably might as well have a look on the EV Building Block mechanisms. It might be easier to have both servers up and running, and just doing a USL Failover to the "standby" server.

It should be easyer to maintain, when the Servers have different names.

You also might to consider that using Storage Replication will not protect you from "logical" Errors on the Filesystem. (Corrupt on Source = Corrupt on Target) So you'll still need to backup your data!

My personal goal would be to combine your DR needs with a backup free archiving storage, like a centera or any other kind of storage (with 3rd Party Software like EVNearSync)

But that's just my 2 cents ;)

Peter