cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Dashboard 0.15 available for download...

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Guys and Girls,

If you don't already know EV Dashboard 0.15 is available for download from www.evdiscuss.net/download 

For further information on this release please see https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/ev-dashboard-015-available-download

If you don't know what this is do a search for my other posts and articles which should give you some background into this freely available tool. Essentially you are looking at a toolset which can help you to monitor your EV systems health, report on your user population, and hopefully fix problems before your customer is aware of them.

Hit me back if you have questions!

Jeremy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi all,

I have put up the installation notes @

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/ev-dashboard-installation

They are in the package anyway in installation.asp, however for ease of finding them.

Jeremy.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Jeremy,

I assume that the article is not yet approved, 'cause the link is not working. I checked the article page of EV, no posting yet.

I'm going to test at home, see if I can convince management here to get me a server for monitoring ev in live environment!

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hey GertjanA,

Yeah I am still waiting for the article to be approved. I thought it would be available straight away though.

Jeremy.

GertjanA
Hi Jeremy,

I'm trying to install it at home. On Windows 2008, IIS 7 etc...

I've tried finding the documentation on how to do it, but cannot find it on evdiscuss.

Here is my comment sofar:
In the create database script, you refere to [master] - for (at least sql2008), you will have to remove the [ ]  and just have master there. The same goes for the name of the evdashboard database.

Also, you have hardcoded the drive and path. (as I am a sql nono, that took me 10 minutes to realize)
Once adjusted, it did create the database, tables, etc.

You refer in the document I did find to ' config.xml'  There is no mentioning of renaming the config.org.xml to config.xml.
I also recall to have read to grant certain users rights on some asp files.

I have not yet been able to get it running, but that is due to asp not being installed (I think....) I'll report back my findings when I get it running.
Regards. Gertjan

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi,

Good points. I have some work to do on the documentation side of things. Unfortunately I have not looked at it for a while. I will update it in the new release.

Let me know how you get on with setting this up on Windows 2008. I do not have any free 2008 servers free to work with at the moment.

Jeremy.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi all,

I have put up the installation notes @

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/ev-dashboard-installation

They are in the package anyway in installation.asp, however for ease of finding them.

Jeremy.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
"You are not authorized to access this page."

GertjanA
Hi andrew,

This indicates the article is not yet approved.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

Glenn_Martin
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Will look into this & find out why it's pending approval.