cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Dashboard 0.16 is now available for download.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Hi all,

Download it from www.evdiscuss.net/download.

In this release there is a few new features and some code fixes. Nothing too drastic has changed, however if you already have the app up and running on your system as always this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Installation instructions : www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/ev-dashboard-installation

Additions from changelog:

Version 0.16 - 17th February 2010

Fixes / Additions:

• Updated installation and upgrade documentation.
  • Re-arranged the order of the scripts which are run by the data collector; So scripts which call data other than from the EVDashboard database run last. For example inc_Exchange_Disk_Info.vbs, which could potentially fail because of network connectivity or WMI problems.
  • Updated with the application title logo
  • Updated IndexWatchFileCounts.asp with new SQL connect code.
  • New table: UsageReportsByArchive Report on the number of items which have been archived into each archive. Thanks to JesusWept2 for the underlining SQL query. Added the following ASP pages:
    UsageReportByArchive.asp
    UsageReportByArchiveByYear.asp
    The only gotcha with this report is it connects to the ExchangeMailboxEntry table, so only archives with Exchange mailboxes will be listed.
    See /sql/EVDashboard Database Creation/CreateTables.sql for the code to add this table to your EV Dashboard database.
  • Updated Data_Collector.vbs - Updated User Configuration variable based on time of day. This script can now be run within the same day without editing the file. If the script is run after 8:30am the script runs a reduced set of sub-scripts.
    inc_Build_MultidimentionalArray.vbs
    inc_Service_Alerts.vbs
    inc_MSMQMessageCountAlerts.vbs
    inc_EV_Disk_Info.vbs
    inc_Exchange_Disk_Info.vbs
  • Updated ExchangeMailboxes.asp - Added date selector to page.
  • Updated ExchangeMailstores.asp - Added date selector to page.
  • Fixed EnabledMailboxes.asp - Corrected SQL query 2 SQLConnect timeout; it now uses the global strSQLConnect, by default 300 seconds. This should resolve problems of this script stopping half way through, and interupting the main data collector script.
9 REPLIES 9

Batmanfail
Level 4

JPR, I get the following error on the "Configure EV Dashboard" screen.  Is this something to do with Port 1433? 

msxml3.dll error '80070005'

Access is denied.

/EVDashboard/admin.asp, line 1158

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi,

I have just looked at the admin.asp file and on line 1158 the ASP page is attempting to write data back to config.xml. Can you check the permissions you have set on the ./config/config.xml file. I suspect you will need to add the internet guest account in the security permissions for this file.

Hopefuilly after that you should be on your way :)

Jeremy.

Batmanfail
Level 4
That fixed that issue, thank you :)

Now I have the following message on the Home Page;

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.

/EVDashboard/./IndexExchangeEnvironment.asp, line 51

Under Help, Configure EV Dashboard, there's an Entry for SQL Database.  If you look at the help next to that entry, it's confusing me as to whether I need to set the server address and Database, or just the database name....?

Bill_Unger
Level 4

Connection Failure

I have installed EVDashboard on my Windows 2008 server running EV 8 and SQLServer 2008.   I have created the EVDashboard database and also created a specific sqlserver user for testing.  Unfortunately, when I test the db connection through EVDashboard, I get the following error:

Error: Cannot connect to server / database.

Error Number -2147467259: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database "EVDashboard,1433" requested by the login. The login failed.

To verify I could connect as that user, i connected to SQLServer and the EVDashboard database though the SQL Server Management Console and didn't have any problems.

Thoughts?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I'd love to get this working also ;-))

Bill, is you db listening at port 1433?
If yes, did you specify this port in the connection? How? (as that seems to be my showstopper)

Also, check http://www.byteblocks.com/post/2009/04/02/Configure-SQL-Server-to-allow-remote-connections.aspx

That seems to indicate a problem-resolution too.

Let me know how you get on, and if you get it working. If you do, please do share the steps you have taken to get it to work!

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan

Bill_Unger
Level 4
 Gertjan,

Still haven't figured it out.   the db is definitely on 1433 and the link you provided didn't fix the issue...  <sigh>

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Guys,

Sorry to hear you are still having these problems. Could you both run netstat -a | find "1433" from your DB servers and post the results? We are looking for a listening connection on port 1433.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

JGoro
Level 2
Hello,

Just wondering how many people are using EV Dashboard in their live production environment?  I see from a posting in January that installing it in production is not recommended.  Is that still the case?  Thank you.:)

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Hi,

It is not that installing EV Dashboard into your production environment is not recommended. I am just doing my best to warn people of the fact they need to test the app fully in their test environment first to make sure they are happy with what it is doing.

I am running this in my production environment, and in fact am developing it in my production environment.

My warnings all come down to the point that contributers to this project do not support your infrastructure; you do, so you need to be happy with what is running on your infrastructure.

I am happy for the app to run in your production environment, but the most important question is are you?

I am sorry if this answer is too long.

Jeremy. :)