Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Error

Satvir
Level 3
Partner

Hello

We are facing a problem with one of our client while opening archive mails of a client. For accessing any mail from the archive mails, it is not showing the full messages. Only some lines of the messages is getting display. Can anybody help me???

5 REPLIES 5

LanceChase
Level 4
Certified

I would usggest running a DTRACE, and a client trace.

Is it everyone or just a single client.

Please provide a little more information. Are they getting any errors?

Satvir
Level 3
Partner

We are not getting any error, just it is not showing the full message while opening it.

It is in everyone policy. Please suggest how to run DTRACE.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Hello Satvir

It sounds like you are only opening the shortcut or stub for the archved email.  Check on the Enterprise Vault server, Event Viewer and see if there are any error messages in the Enterprise Vault Log on the server.

Judy

Satvir
Level 3
Partner

Hello

While user is opening the mail by double clicking on it, there is a message displayed on the top of the message i.e

"There was an error loading this item -- some functionality may not be available"

some days back, there was an error "MMC has detected error in a snap-in" while opening EV admin console. After installing service pack 5 it gor resolved. Now there is not any error. Customer is using EV 7.0.

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

As Judy has said, you're only opening the shorcut not the actual message itself.

If you click on the "there was an error" message it should give you a little more information about the error, a client trace would give you even more.

What the actual problem could be is another question though, your forms cache could be corrupt, the user may not have enough perms to create the HKCU reg entries to register the forms, etc.

I think from EV2007 onwards the client can redownload the forms automatically via a policy setting.

There are quite a few technotes on troubleshooting client forms issues.