cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Exchange Mailbox Analyzer Outlook profile window

P_a_c_
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Whenever I to run EMA aginst the Exchange server, the Outlook profile windows keeps popping up asking for the account name, for every mailbox that is going to be scanned.

The Exchange version is 2007 SP1, the account used has all the required permissions on all mailboxes and Outlook is closed while the scan is running.

EMA is version 1.2.0.2151

Exchange 2007 SP1

Outlook 2007

Any hints anyone ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JLab
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I tried to use EMA 1.2.0.02151 in the Win7/Outlook2010 environment and in the WinXP/Outlook2003 environment.

In both cases profile window kept popping up for every mailbox analyzed. I have noticed, that in the profile window form were wrong data - in the place where should be Exchange server name there was username and in the place where should be username was something else.

So I used the AutoIT scripter and created a script, which waits for the profile window, copies&pastes the username to the correct place,enters exchange server name to the correct place and presses OK button. And voila - everything works.

Looks like the EMA pushes the arguments to the MAPI library in the wrong succession.

Here is the AutoIT script I used, enter the correct Exchange server name to appropriate row.

-------- EMA.au3 start ----------

;endless loop
While 1=1
;waiting for windows with specific title
WinWaitActive ("Microsoft Exchange");
;copy username
Send ("{CTRLDOWN}C{CTRLUP}")
Sleep (1000)
;enter exchange server name
Send ("EX07")
Sleep (1000)
;move
Send ("{Tab}")
Sleep (1000)
; paste username
Send ("{CTRLDOWN}V{CTRLUP}")
Sleep (1000)
Send ("{Tab}")
Sleep (1000)
; push check name button
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (1000)
Send ("{Tab}")
Sleep (1000)
Send ("{Tab}")
Sleep (1000)
Send ("{Tab}")
Sleep (1000)
; push OK button
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (1000)
WEnd

--------- EMA.au3 end ----------

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Go into the control panel, select "Mail", go to the profiles and check if it is configured to prompt for the profile to be used. There you also can set a default profile which is always used

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

I didn't realise this was a publically released tool. Normally this is run on the client desktop rather than on a server too.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Maybe he got it from a partner

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

I was wondering that myself. I know whenever we use it we always make sure it's only done on the client and the user's session, that way the report is succinct.

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I work for a Symantec partner and I have used EMA extensively

I have seen this issue at certain customers and I couldn't find a solution ,I even chatted to the Symantec team which support this tool  and despite all there suggestions I was still getting the  Profile Window  popping up

I eventually used Store Reporter to get the required information...but there really does seem to something not working 100 % with EMA in certain environments

Blue_Nose
Level 4

I work for a partner and I have found I have had to run the following versions of the tools against the following versions of  exchange otherwise you are constantly prompted for MAPI profiles

EMA 1.1.3 – Exchange 2003 and 2007

EMA 1.2.0 – Exchange 2010 

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Hi Bruce,

I remember working with you when I was in Support :)

Blue nose may have your answer here, I will email the guys this end who actually developed the tool and see if they have any comment.

Thanks

Mark Barefoot

P_a_c_
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified
I'll try it with those versions. This really isn't a publically released tool. It's used only by partners, on the customer site, and that is the case.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you're using Outlook 2007 maybe you're missing the CDO components. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2714320d-c997-4de1-986f-24f081725d36&displaylang=en

The EMA User Guide for 1.2.0 says it's for Exchange Server 2003, 2007, and 2010 environments.

JLab
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I tried to use EMA 1.2.0.02151 in the Win7/Outlook2010 environment and in the WinXP/Outlook2003 environment.

In both cases profile window kept popping up for every mailbox analyzed. I have noticed, that in the profile window form were wrong data - in the place where should be Exchange server name there was username and in the place where should be username was something else.

So I used the AutoIT scripter and created a script, which waits for the profile window, copies&pastes the username to the correct place,enters exchange server name to the correct place and presses OK button. And voila - everything works.

Looks like the EMA pushes the arguments to the MAPI library in the wrong succession.

Here is the AutoIT script I used, enter the correct Exchange server name to appropriate row.

-------- EMA.au3 start ----------

;endless loop
While 1=1
;waiting for windows with specific title
WinWaitActive ("Microsoft Exchange");
;copy username
Send ("{CTRLDOWN}C{CTRLUP}")
Sleep (1000)
;enter exchange server name
Send ("EX07")
Sleep (1000)
;move