cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV FSA Agent compatibility question

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hello,

I am facing a bit of a mess here, the company that I am working for only allows certain file servers to be changed on certain weekends of the month. Needless to say I have several file servers runnning an old version of the EV FSA agent and have an upgrade planned for next weekend and was not made aware of this change requirement until today. The compatibility guide says that EV 8.0 is backwards compatible with the EV FSA Agent 2007, but sounds like some functionality might be limited if you go older than 2007 sp4. I really need the FSA Agent 2007sp2 to at least open placholders after the EV servers are on 8.0 sp5, does anyone know if that works? I cannot even test it until tomorrow afternoon because of the change process for the test environment, so I am reaching out to my connect friend to see if someone has the answer?

Thanks,

Travis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hi Andrew,

That is what scared me, I saw that too. I tested FSA Agent 2007 SP2 and EV 8.0SP5 over the weekend and it did work, I tested recall of archived content and also archivng new data. I am guessing that not everything like reporting and such will work but this is a short term bandaid. 

Thanks,

Travis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

The compatibility guide states that Enterprise Vault server version 8.0 and service packs is supported with Enterprise Vault FSA Agent/Placeholder service component version 2007 SP4 or later service
pack.

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hi Andrew,

That is what scared me, I saw that too. I tested FSA Agent 2007 SP2 and EV 8.0SP5 over the weekend and it did work, I tested recall of archived content and also archivng new data. I am guessing that not everything like reporting and such will work but this is a short term bandaid. 

Thanks,

Travis