cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV FSA Archiving overlapping backups

BMRT
Level 3

Hi

I just need confirmation that if a archive run is interupted with a backup of the vault store, when the archive task resumes the remaining files will not be archived?

Thanks

BMRT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I could be wrong but i think it keeps processing the items as if it were in report mode, it will just say that it cant store the items because its in backup mode.

If its something you're worried about, you could modify the pre- backup scripts to stop the FSA task and then go in to backup mode.

However if you're using checkpointing, the next run will kick off where it stopped and resume from that point rather than starting from the beginning

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You need to enable backup mode on vault store , to perform backup so no new items would be archived when the bakup is going , but once the backup is complete and backup mode is cleared , the next archving run would archvie the remainning items . You can see the report which would give you some more information.

BMRT
Level 3

Hi

Will an archive task stop when the vault store goes into backup mode if its running when the vaultstore goes into backup mode?

BTW my archives are initiated by end users with NTP ODDM.

Thanks

B-M-R-T

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I could be wrong but i think it keeps processing the items as if it were in report mode, it will just say that it cant store the items because its in backup mode.

If its something you're worried about, you could modify the pre- backup scripts to stop the FSA task and then go in to backup mode.

However if you're using checkpointing, the next run will kick off where it stopped and resume from that point rather than starting from the beginning

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

You should configure the Archiving Schedule under each Task to be outside the backup schedule window. This would ensure the Tasks stop gracefully before the Vault Stores enter backup mode.