Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV FSA error HRESULT: 0x80070005

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Have the next error messages when try to run archive in the "normal" mode. This is the first archiving task after instalation.

Time    File    Size (bytes)    Policy name    Rule name    Rule type    Archive status    Shortcut type    Shortcut status    Filter Modifications
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/24/2014 4:04:30 AM    \\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\Enterprise Vault File System Archiving x64.msi    22566912    Default FSA Volume Policy    Office Files    ARCHIVE     *** Error *** - Error making file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\Enterprise Vault File System Archiving x64.msi a placeholder file. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))            
1/24/2014 4:04:30 AM    \\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\Enterprise Vault File System Archiving.msi    20994048    Default FSA Volume Policy    Office Files    ARCHIVE     *** Error *** - Error making file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\Enterprise Vault File System Archiving.msi a placeholder file. The file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\Enterprise Vault File System Archiving.msi cannot be made a placeholder as the placeholder service for file server: \\evcli.arch.loc is not available            
1/24/2014 4:04:30 AM    \\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vc2005redist_x86.exe    2707352    Default FSA Volume Policy    Office Files    ARCHIVE     *** Error *** - Error making file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vc2005redist_x86.exe a placeholder file. The file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vc2005redist_x86.exe cannot be made a placeholder as the placeholder service for file server: \\evcli.arch.loc is not available            
1/24/2014 4:04:30 AM    \\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vcredist_x64.exe    5207896    Default FSA Volume Policy    Office Files    ARCHIVE     *** Error *** - Error making file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vcredist_x64.exe a placeholder file. The file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vcredist_x64.exe cannot be made a placeholder as the placeholder service for file server: \\evcli.arch.loc is not available            
1/24/2014 4:04:30 AM    \\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vcredist_x86.exe    4479832    Default FSA Volume Policy    Office Files    ARCHIVE     *** Error *** - Error making file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vcredist_x86.exe a placeholder file. The file: \\?\UNC\evcli.arch.loc\Data\Agent\vcredist_x86.exe cannot be made a placeholder as the placeholder service for file server: \\evcli.arch.loc is not available      

I have checked that placeholder service is running on client under my evservice account credentials, so where may be the problem?

9 REPLIES 9

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Alex,

Are there any events on the file server in the EV Event Viewer log?  Is the VSA a local administrator on the file server?  What OS is the file server?  

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello, there is no errors in logs, yes VSA have local administrator privilagies on file server. Windows 2008 R2

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Alex,

Do you see any DCOM messages under the Windows application or system logs? If you restart the PH service in the file server, do you see any warnings or errors when the service is starting?

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No warning or errors, just notifications that service was stoped or entered in the running state.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Alex,

You might need to collect a dtrace from the Enterprise Vault server and from the file server (placeholder service) while you are running the archiving task. I noticed that the files you posted are the EV FSA agent installation files. Are those the only files where you are receiving the errors?

plaudone
Level 5

Did the files archive properly?  Yes, a Dtrace of EvPlaceholderService during archive run will help.  

Can you confirm that the EvFilter driver is running on the file server by running fltmc at the command prompt? 

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, files are shown in the archive, when i perform search "*".

Detrace showing errors like:

CServiceModule::LoadSiteIdFromRegistry - Failed to load site-id from registry. Waiting for 60 seconds to read it again...

But they are not appears during archive process, moreover that is no such key in regestry as i know for FSA client.

C:\Users\Administrator>fltmc

Filter Name                     Num Instances    Altitude    Frame
------------------------------  -------------  ------------  -----
FileScreenFilter                        2       260800         0
EvFilter                                2       185100         0
luafv                                   1       135000         0

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What services should i trace from server side? From file server there is nothing interesting.

Yes that is all files that shown in Report, but in the share which i am trying to archive there is lot of small txt files, they are not shown in the report, but also do not archiving.

plaudone
Level 5

Can you attach the Dtrace for review?  Please ensure to close out of it so that it adds the registry information to the log.