Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV FSA internet link save as

K_G
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

When i open archived internet link  then make modifications on file then save the file ,dont replace the new updated file in file server.

when i check the path with save as;

it trying to save file to local appdata or library/documents

This is unacceptable situation;

Normal behaivour should be in FS: when user update and save the file ,file updated in same location on file server!

any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello K.G,

This behavior is by design. When you open an internet link, IE will download the item and then you open a local copy. For that reason, WIndows will use your local documents location when you choose 'save as'. You need to use placeholders instead internet links for that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello K.G,

This behavior is by design. When you open an internet link, IE will download the item and then you open a local copy. For that reason, WIndows will use your local documents location when you choose 'save as'. You need to use placeholders instead internet links for that.

K_G
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi,

I couldnt use placeholder because i archiving DFS-R   replicated items.

ı have 30 file servers in different location, i replicating all of the FS to central 3 new file server via multi directional windows DFS-R. then i archived these 3 file server data .when item archived changed to internet link and internet link re-replicated to original file server also.

Any idea for skip /avoid  my problem?

thanks...

K_G
Level 6
Partner Accredited

yes this is by design, and we couldnt chance the behaviour...