Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV FSA questions

leandro_dalit
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi EV Experts,

I got some queries which the customer asked:

1.) Customer has both Backup Exec 21 and EV 14, is there a way where we can exclude the File System Archiving during Sundays, 15th and 30th of the month?  So that it won't run simultaneously with BE. We thought of using the PAUSE in the FSA task but it runs when it reached the archiving window time (11pm to 4am).

2.) Can we install the FSA reporting separately from the installer?

Initially during EV installation you can select the reporting but we never selected that before but now they want to have reporting.

3.) Lastly, EV FSA licensing they got was 1TB, what happens if they reached the 1 TB? Will the archiving stopped?

Thanks for the usual support.

Regards,

Leandro 

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Leandro,

1.) Customer has both Backup Exec 21 and EV 14, is there a way where we can exclude the File System Archiving during Sundays, 15th and 30th of the month?  So that it won't run simultaneously with BE. We thought of using the PAUSE in the FSA task but it runs when it reached the archiving window time (11pm to 4am).

To prevent archiving, I believe you need to set backup mode during that time. There is an EV powershell query, which can do that. Schedule that via a scheduled task. Put below line in the SETBACKUP.BAT: c:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell -psconsolefile "X:\EVINSTALLFOLDER\EVShell.psc1" -command "& {Set-VaultStoreBackupMode -Name 'FSA Vault Store' -EVServerName EVSERVERNAME -EVObjectType VaultStore}"

Use a 2nd BAT to clear backup mode, change Set-VaultStoreBackupMode to Clear-VaultStoreBackupMode

2.) Can we install the FSA reporting separately from the installer?

Initially during EV installation you can select the reporting but we never selected that before but now they want to have reporting.

Yes you can. Run the installer on the SQL Reporting Server, select only Reporting

3.) Lastly, EV FSA licensing they got was 1TB, what happens if they reached the 1 TB? Will the archiving stopped?

I am not sure, but if it is like MBX archiving, it continues to archive, but your are 'violating' licenserule.

Regards. Gertjan