cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV IIS Bindings

Danish_A
Level 4

Dear's,

I have 2 different EV sites and I have been going through IIS setting on EV server and found that in Default Web Site under Bindings I have the below also included

net.tcp

net.pipe

net.msmq

msmq.formatname

Whereas on the other EV sites in IIS setting on EV server have none of the above in bindings for Default Web Site.

Since both the EV sites are working fine without any issue I would like to know what is the use of having net.tcp, net.pipe,net.msmq and msmq.formatname

under bindings, can this be removed to make the IIS settings similar on both the sites.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified

You will get these bindings if when you install .NET 3.5.1 Feature you elect to include 'Non-HTTP Activation' under the WCF Activation option. EV environments have no requirement for this particular sub-option as long as the 'HTTP Activation' is enabled. The 'HTTP Activation' option is necessary as part of the Windows Process Activation Service and Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service.

If you are using CA/DA in your environment then you may have installed this as well. Either way .Net 3.5 SP1 is required for EV9 regardless.

You should be able to remove the installed option and/or the additional bindings without any repurcussion from an EV perspective.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I have these bindings in place in my lab server, they are required for WCF service.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I believe you have IIS 7.0 or higher and EV 10, where EV Indexing service is implemented as a windows service build on WCF (Windows Communications Foundation Services)

Danish_A
Level 4

I have IIS 7.0 and EV 9.0.3

but my confusion is that on other site we don't have any such settings in IIS but still no issue faced on any site.

Can you please explain me in details about the use of those bindings .

Do we need to keep the those bindings as best practice for EV ?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What does it matter btw? Like advisor said, it's really used by the ev10 indexing and not so much before But if it's not broken, don't fix it
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Danish_A
Level 4

Hi,

But I am still on EV 9 .

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Which is why it doesn't matter, it really doesn't make any difference, if you want to remove it, then remove it but it doesn't change anything And when you upgrade to ev10 it will put it back on
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified

You will get these bindings if when you install .NET 3.5.1 Feature you elect to include 'Non-HTTP Activation' under the WCF Activation option. EV environments have no requirement for this particular sub-option as long as the 'HTTP Activation' is enabled. The 'HTTP Activation' option is necessary as part of the Windows Process Activation Service and Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service.

If you are using CA/DA in your environment then you may have installed this as well. Either way .Net 3.5 SP1 is required for EV9 regardless.

You should be able to remove the installed option and/or the additional bindings without any repurcussion from an EV perspective.

Danish_A
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for this explanation, it's all clear for me .