Level 4

EV 7.5 SP 5
Exchange 2003 SP 2

Installed OWA extensions on BE successful "Failed to make ADO connection"
But OWA shows EV Icons when connect directly to BE

Installed OWA Extensions on FE Successful without any errors
But OWA does not show EV Icons when user connects via FE

I have checked the control files

Exchange BE / FE has same SP level but there were some additional folders on FE but I renamed the files and re-run the OWA Extensions install which installed the appropriate files

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If AE and search work on the BE server but not on the FE server then this is usually down to incorrect proxy bypass settings on the FE server. Just as a troubleshooting step to prove this run the following command on your FE server:-

proxycfg -d -p "<local>" *

Then try again. If it works now then the issue is that you have not got all of the correct information in your bypass list as the above command just says let everything through.

If it still does not work then this is not the issue and another classic for the blank screen issue is if you have any of the wilcard application mappings configured on your EnterpriseVaultProxy VD in IIS.

To check this open IIS Manager on your FE and navigate to the EnterpriseVaultProxy Virtual Directory. Goto properties and select configuration. In wildcard application maps if there are any dlls mentioned in there i.e davex.dll or exprox.dll then remove these and try again.

If it ain't either of those 2 then we would need to see some logging but will go into that if we need to but 90 odd % of the time blank screen is one of the 2 above reasons.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

fasoy
Level 4

I didnt wait long enough it worked after IISreset but I still have one more problem which is "delete from archive" option is showing up whereas I have turned it off from mailbox policy...

Could ADO error has anything to do with this?

I have already syn'd the mailboxes from task but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
The fact that you have buttons on your toolbar indicates that the forms were installed successfully and the ADO error that you see in th elog I am guessting will be against the public folder store and if you are not utilising public folder archiving then this can be ignored.
Regarding the delete button are you sure firstly that the button on the toolbar that is still showing is the delete button as the cancel button is very similar. If it is the delete button then you can look into the users hidden message by opening their mailbox in outlook, holding down ctrl and shift and clicking in any of the ev toolbar buttons.
This will give you the EV client diags screen and if you select vault information you can search inside there for the setting OWA2003DELETEFROMTOOLBAR. This should be set to 0 and if it is still set to 1 then you know that the policy change has not sync'd to the users hidden message. If this is at 0 then it must be a client IE cache issue.

fasoy
Level 4
Thanks Paul, It was a user IE cache issue as it was showing only on couple of users.

I have another problem which is "Archive Explorer" and Search option is not working. when user click on either of the options they get a blank page after putting in the credentials.

Do you think its security related issue?

Thanks again.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6

If AE and search work on the BE server but not on the FE server then this is usually down to incorrect proxy bypass settings on the FE server. Just as a troubleshooting step to prove this run the following command on your FE server:-

Then try again. If it works now then the issue is that you have not got all of the correct information in your bypass list as the above command just says let everything through.

If it still does not work then this is not the issue and another classic for the blank screen issue is if you have any of the wilcard application mappings configured on your EnterpriseVaultProxy VD in IIS.

To check this open IIS Manager on your FE and navigate to the EnterpriseVaultProxy Virtual Directory. Goto properties and select configuration. In wildcard application maps if there are any dlls mentioned in there i.e davex.dll or exprox.dll then remove these and try again.

If it ain't either of those 2 then we would need to see some logging but will go into that if we need to but 90 odd % of the time blank screen is one of the 2 above reasons.

fasoy
Level 4
Thanks Paul..

Actually its was not working on BE but after opening everything as per your note 

It works on the BE, Do I need to reconfigure anything on the BE as it looks like bypass list is not correct.

BE Exchange are 2 node A/P cluster.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help.

fasoy
Level 4

Its working now, EVSERVER was saved in ANSI but there was no error earlier in the log file.

Thanks for all the help Paul.