cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Journailing Stopped after Migration

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

At the weekend we did a migration from EV9 to EV10.0.4 and used the migration wizard to do it.

After the inital migration did some checks for searching and retrieval and everything looked good.

So ran the backup's to make sure everything is good and then today I look and the Journal isn't archiving.

I found the Event ID 41111 -  "Error: Failed to resolve duplicate legacyDN for mbx"

I've looked at the TECH74074 and ran the SQL command and found 2 entries. Both linking to the same Default Vault ID.

MBXIndenty = 783 and 892

How do I know which one to delete?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Wilson,

What I do to fix this is the following.

First record all settings related to this Journal Mailbox in EV. On which Exchange server, what is the archivename, which task, which policy, and which retention.

Delete the Journal Mailbox from the EV-console (under targets, Exchange, Exchange Server, Journal Mailbox part).

In SQL delete both entries.

Add the JournalMailbox using the above noted settings.

This should give you one row again, AND get journaling going again.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Hello Wilson,

What I do to fix this is the following.

First record all settings related to this Journal Mailbox in EV. On which Exchange server, what is the archivename, which task, which policy, and which retention.

Delete the Journal Mailbox from the EV-console (under targets, Exchange, Exchange Server, Journal Mailbox part).

In SQL delete both entries.

Add the JournalMailbox using the above noted settings.

This should give you one row again, AND get journaling going again.

Regards. Gertjan

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

What is the impact of doing this to the journal mailbox and everything that is currently archived

GertjanA

none. As your only removing the Journal Mailbox definition in EV, and not the Journal Archive, there is no impact to archived data, nor to items currently in the Journal Mailbox.

Regards. Gertjan