cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Journal Error after moving

SwedeJR
Level 2
Hello-

I moved one of my Exchange journaling mailboxes to another exchange server and set up a new journal task for that server. After starting the task or synchronizing the task I get this error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Journal Task
Event ID: 3333
Date:  6/19/2008
Time:  8:28:47 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: EVJournal
Description:
This mailbox has duplicate entries in the directory and cannot be processed.
LegacyDN:
/O=Organization/OU=lab/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=EMAILARCHIVE10
DefaultVaultID:
1B665C66E792D724092529A71E693E1AA1110000evsite01
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
The link isn't working and I can't find Event ID 3333. The mailbox is still journaling / archiving correctly. Is this an SQL issue where I may have to remove a bad entry?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Eric

6 REPLIES 6

Maverik
Level 6
Probably not the best move dude.

Probably have duplicate entries in the ExchangeMailboxEntrytable on directory database. 

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
I having the same issue on two Journal accounts within our environment. Any solutions available to resolve this? Will most like be moving these tasks back once a failed Exchange Server is reimaged.

Thanks,
D

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Force replication within Exchange. Also force mailbox cleanup on the old exchange server. The reason this is happening is because AD can see two versions of the same mailbox because the update on the exchange system and the cleanup on the old exchange server is not completed.

This is just like if you move a mailbox from one server to another then try to move it back immediatly again it wont work. You need to force the exchange to update or wait for the update to complete

BigPhil
Level 5
Just create a new journaling mailbox, point Exchange at it, and then create a new journaling target in EV that is pointing to the new journaling mailbox. remove the old one from the list of targets and if nothing is pending in the old mailbox, just move the items to the new mailbox then delete the old one.  hopefully you dont have to many to move and are in a realatively small environment.

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Can we delete the duplicate entry directly on the SQL table mentioned above? If so; which row of the same account can be deleted?

Is there any easy way to determine that? Currently I cannot synchronize the Journal Task, but items are archiving successfully.

Thanks,
Dennis

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
These were the steps I followed to resolve this issue. Hope it helps!

I compared the text in tables “JournalTarget” and “ExchangeMailboxEntry” for column “ExchangeMailboxEntryId”. The Journal account listed in table “ExchangeMailboxEntry” that did not have its “ExchangeMailboxEntryId” referenced in the “JournalTarget” table was the duplicate entry.

Once the duplicate was identified; I stopped the “Journal Task” for those Journal Accounts reporting Event 3333 and set the Journal Target Archiving value to “Off”. The duplicate rows were deleted in the SQL table “ExchangeMailboxEntry”.  Once the duplicate rows were deleted; I changed the Journal Target Archiving value to “On”, restarted the Journal Task and ran the synchronization.
Event 3333 was no longer reported.

Thanks,
Dennis