cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Message Queues Not being Processed

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Hi I have this problem which is driving me nuts. I have in a test environment targetted an exchange 2010 server and wish to archive mail in a dummy mailbox. However whatever I try I cannot get the mail out of the Pending Archive State.

I'm guessing it has something to do with  EV not being able to communicate via MAPI with the mailbox.

I've run the assign permissions script to the vault service account(VSA) and created a system mailbox and the outlook profile for this.

What am I missing?

I've tried running the archive task in reporting mode but it doesn't tell me anything, I've used DTRACE before but am not sure what I would need to DTRACE in this instance.

Would appreciate any help whatsoever.

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What is the safety copy setting on your vault store? If it's to keep a safety copy then you need to run (or simulate) an EV backup for the storage file watch process to flip the items to 'full' shortcuts, from pending.

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Ravi,

As Rob stated, it has to do with your safety copy setting.

What you can do is the following:

Set the Vault Store in backup-mode

use 'attrib -a *.* /s' on the Vault Store Partition (removing the archive-attribute from all archived files)

Take Vault Store out of backup mode.

Monitor processes, and verify the StorageFileWatch32.exe is performing work.

When that is done, verify in your mailbox again.

When that is ok, read up on how to backup an EV environment. You might have backupsoftware that is able to clear the archive-attribute after backup, or you might have to use the 'triggerfile'. Check this document (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172279 ) and the related documents in there.

Regards. Gertjan

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Hi, much appreciate the reply, however I have already tried doing that and also tried using the IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger too.

I think it has something to do with the messages in the queues failing to be processed.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Well, if EV could not communicate using mapi, it wouldn't have archived in the first place.

If you run Deployment Scanner, is that all green? Can you (logged in as VSA) open the VSA mailbox, and the EVSystemmailbox, and send an email from there?

Do you have any specific events telling you something?

Regards. Gertjan

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

The Deployment Scanner is complaining that the MSMQ queues are on the C: drive

Could this be the reason for my problems.

Also it is unhappy with Outlook 2007 Sp3

It complained about the Anti Virus program as well. However I've been told that McAffee is disabled.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I've uninstalled the antivirus Program and moved the MSMQ queues storage to a different drive, yet it still isn't giving me my shortcuts.

The EventViewer is now Showing Warnings

Could not access Exchange Server. The dispenser will queue the current item and sleep for 60 seconds.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I've found a note suggesting to delete the security credentials and then restart the EV Vault Task Controller service.

That appears to have done the trick as far as creating my shortcut for the manually archived message.