cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Migrator sent partition data to root of C: rather than CIFS share

Glidbetter
Level 3

Hi all,

Recently I removed the migration configuration for TSM on an old Store Partition (EV 9.0.2), and reconfigured the partition to use the EV Migrator and an EMC DataDomain CIFS share.

2 weeks ago the trial on one of the 12 partitions worked a treat, however today rolling out to the rest of the servers... the data was sent to the root of the C: drive, filling it up and shutting EV down across 10 of the 11 servers updated (One server did nothing at all).

I have run through all the configurations and they definately point to accessable CIFS shares.

At the moment I have stopped migrations, copied the data to where it should have gone in the first place and restarted services.

I now need to find out what happened and how to rectify it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Best Regards

Guy

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

If you copy the location as defined in the Migrator tab, and past that in the 'run' prompt, does that location open?

I am not sure if extra configuration is needed when using a DD, but it might be that somehow EV tries to see the location, can't find it, and then perhaps is redirected to c:\ ?

Any strange events in eventviewer?

Regards. Gertjan

Glidbetter
Level 3

Hi Gertjan,

The CIFS shares are accessable from all servers in the Storage Group.

I have seen no strange events beyond what normally occurs on this platform.

I'm not sure redirecting to an alternative location if a CIFS share is unavailable would be a good idea!! I really hope not!

Guy

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Guy,

I do agree. It probably is best to call support, as they are able to verify the config, and possibly advise what to trace to see where it goes wrong.

Regards. Gertjan