cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Outlook Add-In could not establish a connection to your Exchange Mailbox

don_sanders
Level 3

After installing the 10.0.4 Oulook add-in on multiple machines, I receive the following error every time a user logs into Windows:  "Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In could not establish a connection to your Exchange Mailbox.  Restart Outlook and, if the same error occurs repeatedly, call your helpdesk."  I suspect that it comes up when Lync is starting.  Otherwise, it seems to function properly.

Any ideas?

Windows 7 64-bit

Enterprise Vault Server 10.0.3 Hotfix 2

Outlook Add-In 10.0.4

Outlook 2010

Lync 2010

23 REPLIES 23

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Following article will help you.

Troubleshooting Exchange connectivity issues with Enterprise Vault (EV)
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35774

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hmm.. When exactly does this appear?

If you launch Windows, login, and wait 5 minutes then start Outlook.. does it appear?

After that if you open Lync does it appear?

If you launch Windows, login, and wait 5 minutes then start Lync... does it appear?

And then if you open Outlook, does it appear?

Working for cloudficient.com

don_sanders
Level 3

It happens right after login.

Launching Outlook or Lync at any point after the login doesn't result in an error.

Configuring Lync to not Automatically start at login doesn't resolve the issue either.

Sorry for the late replies.  I wasn't getting notifications from this post although I am subscribed.

Eric_C1
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I have a client with the same problem, resetevclient.exe didn't resolve it. Any thoughts

Windows XP SP3

Outlook 2010

Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 (Server and Client)

Exchange 2010

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Do you have an EV client log that we can look at it?

don_sanders
Level 3

Here's one with personal info removed.  Note that the error popped up about a minute or so before this log starts when logging into windows.  This log doesn't start until Outlook was started a minute after the error was generated.

don_sanders
Level 3

The link didn't seem to work for me but here you go...

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I forgot to ask you to enable maximum tracing. I see some errors with hex code  0x80020006. There are some TN about these kind of errors related to others add-ins installed on the client:

IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006

If you can enable maximum tracing and post a new client log, we can try to confim if this is the case or not.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sorry about the link ... do you know if there are others add-in installed in Outlook that could be affecting the EV Outlook add-in? If so, try to disable each 3rd-party add-in to narrow down the issue.

don_sanders
Level 3
I tried disabling except for the EV Outlook add-in and still received the error. I didn't receive the error after disabling the EV add in.

Eric_C1
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Here is a log from my client. We have removed ESM from the desktop (they have since migrated to Exchange 2010).

Thoughts?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Would you have an Outlook 2013 client where you can try to reproduce the same issue with the EV 10.0.4 client?

don_sanders
Level 3
Outlook 2013 clients running on windows 8 or server 2012 don't appear to have the issue. I don't have an Outlook 2013 client on Windows 7.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would suggest you need to uninstall and reinstall the Outlook Add-in, see if that helps.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

We have seen this issue with Outlook 2010 and 2007 clients, but not with Outlook 2013. I'd suggest you to open a case with support for further assistance.

don_sanders
Level 3
Uninstall/reinstall didn't help and it happens on multiple machines.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Your log files don't show the maximum level of tracing.

When does this pop-up appear? Is it in fact.. a pop-up?

don_sanders
Level 3

The first one wasn't set to maximum but the second one was: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev-outlook-add-could-not-establish-connection-your-ex...

It appears right after logging into Windows without opening any applications.

When I actually launch Outlook or Lync after that, I don't receive the pop-up. The pop-up also closes itself after a short period of time without me clicking OK.