cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Outlook client add-in icons

Seth_Weedin
Level 4
I'm currently running EV 8.0 on Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2007 installed on the client machines.  Everything is working fine with the archiving but I was wondering, is there a way to keep my regular envelope icons in Outlook instead of the shortcut icon for the archived emails?  The reason I'm asking is that our managers want to be able to see which emails they have replied to or forwarded quickly and that is not displayed when the shortcut icon for the archived emails is being used instead of the normal envelope icons that are default in Outlook.  I tried removing the EV Outlook forms on the local machine but that changes the icon to a new email envelope icon for all archived emails.  Is there any workaround to this or do my managers just have to get used to the shortcut icon for archived emails?

Thanks,
Seth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
They are just going to have to get used to it.  ;)

Due to the messageclass change you will see the new mail envelope.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
They are just going to have to get used to it.  ;)

Due to the messageclass change you will see the new mail envelope.

Regards,

Seth_Weedin
Level 4
Thanks, maybe that will get changed in the future because with the amount of emails our managers deal with and the high importance of some, it's hard to remember who you've replied or forwarded messages to without seeing that icon.  Bummer...

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
I would file it as an enhancement at:

http://enhancement.symantec.com

Seriously... the more people use it, the more chance it'll work. I don't think it's a black hole. ;) 

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yep, Agreed with Tomer here. This is not a bug - isuse but an enhancemen, I have heard a lot of people complain about this but none of them seem to be logging them as enhancements.

Seth_Weedin
Level 4
Thanks everyone, I submitted the enhancement suggestion on the site you gave me.  It's not a problem large enough to make us quit using EV but I thought it might be possible and make the software a little more user-friendly.  Thanks again!