cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Plugin Help

rsiddiqi
Level 5

We have Enterprise Vault v9.0.4 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise server. I need to install EV plugin (client) on Windows 2008 R2 Citrix server. The Citrix server has MS office Professional 2010 Plus installed (32 bit). Which EV plugin I should install on the Citrix server? I heard that I should put same client as server which is v9.0.4. Our user uses EV plugin from outlook client only. Also, I would like to know about vault cache and virtual vault.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i would go ahead and use the latest EV10 SP3 plugin. it's fully compatible.

About Vault Cache and Virtual Vault

Article:HOWTO38104  |  Created: 2010-12-24  |  Updated: 2012-06-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO38104

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i would go ahead and use the latest EV10 SP3 plugin. it's fully compatible.

About Vault Cache and Virtual Vault

Article:HOWTO38104  |  Created: 2010-12-24  |  Updated: 2012-06-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO38104

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

First of all, I did not understand your requirement. When you are using Citrix terminal for users to access thier emails, then how Vault Cache or Virtual Vault will be of any help. Vault Cache is designed to give users offline access to archived items from thier machines when they are not connected. And to reduce the network traffic which might be generated while user retrieves archived items.

AFAIK, When user logs into Citrix and access the Outlook client, a profile is created and deleted when he logs off. In this scenario, if you enable Vault Cache for users, everytime user connects to Outlook, the Vault Cache will be setup and synchronized and when user logged off, everything will be deleted.

Apart from this, you can use +1 or -1 EV add-ins with server, for example if you have EV Server 9.0 then you can either use 8.0 or 9.0 or 10 add-ins. Generally, its recommeded to use EV Server and EV add-ins of same version unless you have any specific requirement.

I hope this helps..