cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Re-opening partitions after auto failover.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Hi all,

We are in the situation where we configured auto failover in anticipation of the first data disk filling up. This happened, and the failover occured to the second data disk.

Now some months down the line, with the natural removal of archives from leavers we are starting to see storage become available on the first data disk again. Rather than use the second data disk exclusively as is configured below, I would like to go back to using the first data disk, and setup failover to the second data disk as and when needed.

My question is, I intend to set Ptn1 to open, and Ptn2 to ready. Is this the correct thing to do? Or should Ptn2 also be open as the partition is already in use?

My problem is I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Jeremy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yep, thats exactly what to do.  When you set ptn1 to open, it will close ptn2 automatically.  Then go ahead and set ptn2 to ready again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yep, thats exactly what to do.  When you set ptn1 to open, it will close ptn2 automatically.  Then go ahead and set ptn2 to ready again.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Thanks for the response.

So putting a partition in 'ready' still enables already archived messages to be read from the partition? It sounds like this is the case, but I just wanted to be thorough.

Thanks again,

Jeremy.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Jeremy,

We were in the same situation.

Remember that 'closed' means no new data is being written and it is not selectable as 'rollover' partition.

Ready = no new data is being written, selectable as rollover partition.

We found the same (storage getting released due to expiry. We've set the closed partition to ready, and configured the open one to rollover based on quota. That worked fine. Now we wait for the closed partition to go down in storage usage.

We had no reports of users not being able to open archived items.

Regards. Gertjan

jprknight-oldax
Level 6

Thanks very much I have configured our partitions so we are now filling our first data disks again.