cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Rebooting Server

pdunnigan1
Level 4

After I reboot my EV 12.0 server, When I try to access my archives, I get an error message saying "Your search request failed because Enterprise Vault service was not available" I look on the servers and all services are started. after an hour or so EV becomes available. What is happening on the server for an hour after a reboot?

Thanks

Pat

12 REPLIES 12

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi Pat,

You may need to set the following to 0.  https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/115743999-121370778-0/v95337636-121370778

Have seen this with a few customers stating the same issue. 

Regards,

Patrick 

I made the change, but did not work, I restarted iis admin service and Enterprise Vault Admin Service, but still no luck. 

Getting a event 29014 in my EV log

Storage DCOM error.
Reason: Access is denied. (0x80070005)

I tried cause 1 soulution, but still not able to access archives

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000018440

Hi,

Did you look at setting the following to 0?  

UseRestrictedSecurity

This can be done under Application Settings in IIS on the EnterpriseVault directory. 

UseRestricted.JPG

I made that change in the web.config.

Sorry I missed the last update stating it did not work. During this time how do the resources look on the EV server?  How many index processes are running and what is CPU and memory utilization like? 

CPU 25%, Mem 19%, how do I check index processes?

Now I am able to access the vault with Search. not sure what finally kicks in to let me do it. It will eventually stop agin though. it is like it runs out of available connections. Any ideas?

Hi,

Do you have Event Viewer messages stating that the Indexing Service is not fully initialized?  

A 41302 event should occur when indexing is available.  

How many indexes on the server?  

The indexer-service.exe process would indicate work being performed on an index.  

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Sounds a lot like this situation from a week ago. See my explanation in that thread of the Indexing Service's startup steps.

--Chris

Thanks Chris, 

I'm thinking my indexes need some attention. 

Pat