cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Reporting 8.0 SP3

rajeshkumar001
Level 3
Can someone please point me to Best practice guide for EV Reporting services? I wanted to know what reports we should create, schedule to run? Thanks in advance Rajesh
2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I don't think there are any best practices for the fact that the reports are such a small piece of the EV product, you just install the SRS server where you want/need it to be and then deploy the reports The only custom reports you can make are through DA, but as for EV and FSA reports, you only get the canned reports and nothing else and do not have the ability to use any of the templates. Scheduling a report to be sent is straight forward but is all based on preference, for the most part though the only ones i schedule are the SIS reports
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
In EV if you are in any creative and SQL knowledgeable you can create custom reporting. You can also have those reports sent to you by email by using SQL Reporting Services. You just need to find the data in SQL to report on and know how to write SQL queries to gather the data. SQL reporting services can then take that query and present it in a more useful and eye pleasing format

We have reports that checks EV to see if there are any items missing from the index, another to see the backup mode of EV to ensure that it goes into and out of backup mode correctly, We also do others on size of data archived weekly so we can report and graph on it for MGT.

We have a few others but the above are ones we use every day or week and they are automated so they run and are emailed to me.

If you know your way around SQL and EV you can get pretty creative