cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Reporting

Paul_Daley
Level 5

Hi,

I have an EV8 SP4 box running email and file archiving. When it was originally installed I also put SQL & EV Reporting services on the box as well.

A year or so later, we now have a dedicated SQL Reporting server which I'd like to use.

How do I remove the EV reporting component? I tried re-running setup but the item was ticked and grayed out so that it could not be unselected.

I'd also like to remove the SQL bits of the EV box too. Is it safe to do this?

Thanks,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Uninstalling sql reporting services shouldn't be a problem. however, you might want to call support about removing the reporting component from the EV server. last time this came up, you had to remove the EV binaries and reinstall. you couldn't just remove the EV reporting piece.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB

Uninstalling sql reporting services shouldn't be a problem. however, you might want to call support about removing the reporting component from the EV server. last time this came up, you had to remove the EV binaries and reinstall. you couldn't just remove the EV reporting piece.

Paul_Daley
Level 5

I see...

If it can't easily be removed, can it be disabled?

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you try disabling reporting services on the EV server then rerunning the reports configuration and point it to your new MS SRS server?

Paul_Daley
Level 5

Thanks for the comments. I ended up disabling SRS on the EV box and installing the EV reporting on the new SRS server and reconfiguring.

After an EV restart everything seems to be good. I'll just ignore the fact that the EV reporting component is still on the EV server!

AndrewB

please mark the post that helped you the most as solved.