EV SMTP - empty storage queue

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

EV12.3

Situation:
Journal Archiving only.
5 EV SMTP Archving servers.
HW Loadbalancer distributing messages accross the servers, based on running EV SMTP service.

When on 1 server the EV SMTP service is stopped, that server does not get messages in the Holdingfolder anymore. It does however get messages in the Storagequeue.
Where do these come from?
Are they somehow being send from the remaining 4 active servers?
How can I make sure that the storagequeue remains empty?
Should the SMTP Archiving task also be stopped and disabled?
Should the storagequeue be closed?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hello,

I should have closed this question. IF you read my initial post, you see it specifically states Journal Archiving only. I found that I was being impatient.. When stopping and disabling the EV SMTP Service, the SQ will empty, and stop receiving messages after a while.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Saswatab1979
Level 3

Are you referring to the MSMQ Storage queue? As I know Storage queue is also used by Exchange Mailbox archiving. Probably your server has some Exchange mailbox archiving or Journal mailbox archiving using storage queues as safety net.

GertjanA

Hello,

I should have closed this question. IF you read my initial post, you see it specifically states Journal Archiving only. I found that I was being impatient.. When stopping and disabling the EV SMTP Service, the SQ will empty, and stop receiving messages after a while.

Regards. Gertjan