cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV SQL Server database sizing for Enterprise Vault 10 / 11 requirement ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

Can anyone here please share the tool or knowledge to get the approximate SQL server database disk size for the EV 10 or 11 ?

as for my current usage of EV 9.0.4 it grows up to 40 GB now with just 350 users exchange mailbox and file server archiving.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is a sizing estimator that is available for partners.  There are these TN for EV 10 and EV 11

This guide discusses some of the SQL Server best practices from an Enterprise Vault perspective. It supplements Microsoft best practice advice for sizing, tuning, and maintaining SQL Servers.

The following versions of the guide are available:

HTH,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

There is a sizing estimator that is available for partners.  There are these TN for EV 10 and EV 11

This guide discusses some of the SQL Server best practices from an Enterprise Vault perspective. It supplements Microsoft best practice advice for sizing, tuning, and maintaining SQL Servers.

The following versions of the guide are available:

HTH,

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks Tony, so that is only available for Symantec partner only not for the general public ?

but yes, based on the document that you sent to me about EV 11 it seems that it has got the formula already.

((2.496s)+(23.49u)+(23.462i)+((fa+fd)1.3)+(1.613fa)+(0.156fdp))/1000 

Where: 

s Total Enterprise Vault servers 
u Total mailboxes (Exchange, Domino, and Internet) 
i Total IMAP enabled mailboxes (Exchange and Internet) 
f Total file servers or SharePoint servers 
a Average archive points per file server or sites and sub-sites per SharePoint server 
d Average folders per file server or libraries/folders in all sites per SharePoint server 
p Average permissions per folder 

TonySterling

Yeah, the sizing guide is only for partners AFAIK but if you have a partner that you work with they might be able to help you out.  Otherwise, you can use the docs and the formulas in it.

John_Santana
Level 6

Thank you for the calrification Tony wink !