cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV SQL Transaction Logs Backup fail

JackedUp
Level 4
Hi

I know this answer could reside somewhere on here but could not find in my searches.

SQL 2005 on 2003 x64
EV 8.0 on win2008 x64

I had to shrink the size of the EVVSSymVaultStore_1LOG70 file today (which i have done in the past). And ever since that the SSIS job that backs up the transaction logs fails on that log file every time. I have tried deleting the maint. plan and the job then recreating from scratch with no luck. I tried with the EV services stopped (which has never been a problem before). The other backup jobs on the other EV databases run fine.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JackedUp
Level 4
I did a manually TL Backup then recreated the SSIS job, then ran the SSIS job and it worked, finally.

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is there an error code associated with that failure?

JackedUp
Level 4
 It something about not be able to find the file or not open it on the directory where the backups are stored.  The location in the properties of that database for the log file is correct and nothing has ever been altered in that respect. And every other DB has no problem writing to that location and the storage is on a local drive with no special permissions. 

Thanks

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There should be an associated Event in the application log. 

What were the steps you took when your shrank it?  Did you change the recovery model or anything?

JackedUp
Level 4
I did a manually TL Backup then recreated the SSIS job, then ran the SSIS job and it worked, finally.

Thanks for your help