cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV SQL query to determine what license key is in use?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'd need to know how to determine from the sql, what version of the license key is it using?

Is that possible?

I have multiple keys in the "installed license keys" folder so I need another way to determine which one is it using...?

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Sani,

I am not sure this is listed in SQL.

I also have multiple licenses in the 'installed licenses' folder. It is lazy me not cleaning up.

I believe you can do the following:

Figure out EV base version you are running (9,10,11)

Open each slf file, and look at line 'product name'. If the version mentioned does not match the version you use, move it somewhere else. Each line should indicate what the license is for (mailbox archiving, e-discovery/journaling, FSA, SP etc).

It should be as simple as that.

Or, get your current licensefiles, stop EV services, move all SLF files somewhere else, copy current license files in the ..\enterprise Vault folder, start directory and admin service. The slf files should than be moved to the ..\installed licenses folder

start other services.

If you missed a license, you will see that in the eventlog :)

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA

Hi Sani,

I am not sure this is listed in SQL.

I also have multiple licenses in the 'installed licenses' folder. It is lazy me not cleaning up.

I believe you can do the following:

Figure out EV base version you are running (9,10,11)

Open each slf file, and look at line 'product name'. If the version mentioned does not match the version you use, move it somewhere else. Each line should indicate what the license is for (mailbox archiving, e-discovery/journaling, FSA, SP etc).

It should be as simple as that.

Or, get your current licensefiles, stop EV services, move all SLF files somewhere else, copy current license files in the ..\enterprise Vault folder, start directory and admin service. The slf files should than be moved to the ..\installed licenses folder

start other services.

If you missed a license, you will see that in the eventlog :)

Regards. Gertjan

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Gertjan!

Your advice sounds solid and useful thank you!

Any idea how to determine the key if all of the key files have been removed from the setup/installation paths...?

Of course your second advice would do the trick and make sure there's the correct one but I'm just wondering how to determine what it's using if you don't have that option...?

Sani B.

GertjanA

Interesting.

Are you saying you do not have slf files? This means EV is in read-only (i.e. does not archive)

I thnk that if you do not have the license files anymore, you should contact Licensing. Probably they can send out a new license file, not sure. You can contact them via my.symantec.com

Not sure on the 2nd question though.

Suc6. GJ

Regards. Gertjan

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As far as I understand after the licenses have been "read into" the EV system you can delete them from the folder "Installed licenses" without it having any impact how it functions - at least the environment is working normally with the folder being empty...

Sani B.

GertjanA

interesting. didn't know that.

there should be (....) an account to logon to my.symantec.com

click on the licensing tab.

click view all licenses

You might be able to see what license you should have.

Regards. Gertjan

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have to contact Symantec about the licenses showing to me in MySymantec - not correct..

But thanks for your help Gertjan! Gave you the solution points though it wasn't exactly what I was after :)

Great effort to help though! Thank you.

Sani B.