cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Search and OWA

yxm
Level 4

Hello,

I'm new to EV and I have a fresh installation ov EVault 11.

We have decided to use EV Search only (without shortcuts) and it works great on the desktops as archived messages are downloaded in MSG format and opened by Outlook. I just have installed OWA extensions on CAS servers and discovered that the behavior exactly the same. It works internally (opens messages in outlook), but what good does it do if user don't have outlook (or any other mail app for that matter) on the PC and want to access archived mail via OWA. There is no way to reply or forward archived messages. I was under impression that with the EV OWA extensions archived messages will open in web mail form, so user can reply or forward the messages. Am I missing somethyng?

Can someone clarify how OWA and EV Search work together? And what can be done, so the archived messages could be sent through OWA?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the functionality you're looking for with the EV owa extensions rely on the use of shortcuts. viewing an archived email shouldn't be a problem since EV Search renders it within the browser but you're right, replying or forwarding a .msg would require a mail client. i guess what you'd want to do is have them restore the email from the archive to their mailbox and then they can use OWA to reply or whatever.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the functionality you're looking for with the EV owa extensions rely on the use of shortcuts. viewing an archived email shouldn't be a problem since EV Search renders it within the browser but you're right, replying or forwarding a .msg would require a mail client. i guess what you'd want to do is have them restore the email from the archive to their mailbox and then they can use OWA to reply or whatever.

yxm
Level 4

Thanks, Andrew.

That's what I was affraid off, restoring messages so they can be send.

Oh, well. My users are not going to like this...