cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Server is un-responsive (sometimes) after the upgrade to 8.0

Tacobell
Level 4

Hello,

Just wondering whether someone experienced a server become unresponsive (Vaulted messages are not retrieved, etc...the server is completely jammed up). Pressing ctrl alt del and nothing shows up etccc..,..

The server became unresponsive after the upgrade from 7.5 sp3 to 8.0 . I am running EV 8.0 on a 2003 windows enterprise server with sp2 installed. IE 6.0 is running. The Hardware is a Dell PowerEdge 2900 server.

I had manually do a cold shutdown and restart of the server. Now things are normal. I was not in the middle of an archive run nor was the server ingesting any pst's. Any help would be appreciated.

Tacobell

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Are there items on the a6 queue (this is where modifiable meta data info gets queued) so perhaps it's that?

How often is it happening?  Daily, many times a day?

Mike

Faxson
Level 5

Sounds like a hardware/driver issue.  I assume it has never happened before to this server.  Update your drivers and maybe set it to automatically reboot on bluescreen.

Ben

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I had a problem back in the day with some spurious remote control software blue screening an EV box.

We DR'd EV onto another box tempoararily and then rebuilt the primary EV Server.

All fine after!