cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Server stuck for long time at loading personal settings

Cdee
Level 6

EV Server stuck for long time at loading personal settings?

Hi All,

I am having a weired issue on one of my EV server.

I have a restart scheduled every morning of my EV server and after the server is rebooted when i try to log in to the server i takes a hell lot of time to completely login and it stucks for long time at loading personal settings and at the same time when i try to access my archived mails it take a long time to open. But once i have completely logged in accessing archive from outlook is normal.

I have tried to search lot many things but havent found any solution still. also i have delted the temp location of my service account but its same daily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Heymink
Level 4
Employee

This doesn't sound like an Enterprise Vault issue, but rather a windows issue. The slow login can be caused by a number of factors; do you have a roaming profile and a slow network connection? If so, go check the size of the profile, it could be that. Or maybe some network shares that are suffering from slow access? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_Heymink
Level 4
Employee

This doesn't sound like an Enterprise Vault issue, but rather a windows issue. The slow login can be caused by a number of factors; do you have a roaming profile and a slow network connection? If so, go check the size of the profile, it could be that. Or maybe some network shares that are suffering from slow access? 

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

On top of what Ben said, is the EV server on a VM or a physical machine? If it's on a VM check the VM config and logs. Have you tried recreating the VSA profile on the EV server? Event logs for System and Applications would also give you some clues as well. 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

First, you shouldn't have to login to your EV server in order to retrieve messages. Are you able to get to your archived email afer a reboot of the server without logging in?

Like they said, it could be a million things outside of EV causing long login times. Are you logging in with the VSA or with your user account? Might want to check and see what GPOs are associated with it because that's where I've seen long login issues before.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

IMHO you should contact Microsoft to assist with troubleshooting this particular issue.

Working for cloudficient.com

Cdee
Level 6

Thanks for feedback, The server is HP DL 380 G6 2.40 Ghz quad core with 8 GB of memory.

The Service account profile size is ~ 1Gb.

No GPO applied to the service account.

Accessing of archived after reboot is normal but when i try to login to server with service account and in the same time when accessing archive mail from outlook will take long time but after some time its normal.

I have added all EV services in DEP to see if that helps.